"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." I'm not a basketball player or anything, I mean clearly, but I have to say that this is one of the quotes that legitimately speaks to me. How is it possible to live in a world where "try" is not even an adequate term in your vocabulary? It's so disappointing to go through life and fail - not because you couldn't do it, but because you never tried to succeed. There comes a point where yeah, maybe you have to give up, because maybe dwelling on something for so long is just unrealistic. But why not take a risk for the time being? Find out what failure feels like and compare it to the accomplishment that could potentially follow.
And of course, I'm not just talking about sports. I've been in kind of a complicated situation this year, and it's beginning to take a toll on my overall sanity. I keep hoping I'll be able to risk everything that's on the line but wondering if it's even worth it. What if your risk is detrimental to more than one persons well-being? How do you distort your mind from the thought of going through with it when someone's simple knowledge of it can wreak havoc? There's to try and to not try - but what about what's in between? The absolute mess it ends up causing?
I'd love to go through life with the simple mindset that risk taking is always the right choice, but I have indecisive tendencies that prevent me from simply choosing the path of consequence and accomplishment.
So I'm definitely in a pickle right now. It's kind depressing to know that victory still comes slapped with a price tag. It's inevitable. You can't choose. They're called risks because the potential of something going awry is existent and if you want it bad enough you have to take that risk. My last thought isn't whether I'm going to take a leap of faith and jeopardize my current standing in life, but rather if what I want right now conflicts with what I actually need...
And inanely, it does.
No comments:
Post a Comment