Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Let's talk about sex.

I'm going to be very open, honest, and blunt in this particular topic of discussion. If the concept of sex frightens or disgusts you, you should probably live in a cave for the rest of your life and stop reading here.

And I say this in reference to the people who are ashamed of having a sexuality, when affection is a natural thing. Lust is perceived as taboo in a lot of different societies, and I cannot fathom why.

Anyway, without getting down to the nitty gritty, I have hormones... We all do. Whether your a man or woman, you are going to have a sex drive. Here's where the controversy comes into play: it is believed that men are given a lot more free will than women when it comes down to performing certain acts. A double-standard, if you will.

You know why this bothers me? I can't make sense of the excuse, "well, he's a guy." I mean... SO?

Am I supposed to believe that because he has a P where I have a V, he is allowed to do things without getting penalized for it, while women are expected to sit in silence? It doesn't process for me, nor do I agree with it.

I'm not here to shun the male population for doing whatever it is they need to do... I'm just asking for an explanation. Some insight, understanding. Why should women be put to shame for acting upon their impulses, the same way men are encouraged?

Equality, people. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment