The bible was not made to be interpreted literally. While morality is important to me, I can find similar "scriptures" in a children's book or an old fable.
Tired of seeing these uneducated jesus freaks post passages from the bible.. We get that you love God, but publicizing it means you're A) an asshole trying to shove your beliefs down peoples throats, or B) thirsty for some form of acceptance from the Catholic church.
It is easy to flip open the bible, find a random passage, and pass it along like you know what the fuck you are talking about. It's blatant that you have not dedicated your life to God, when you can't even come to terms with what the fuck you believe in.
The bible is not your "guidebook to life" (and if it is - you believe in a book rather than a higher power). It's simply a means of preaching morality and immorality - slightly outdated from this century, due to the ignorance portrayed throughout. Meaning if you're taking any of this shit too seriously, you need Jesus more than you think you do.
Kudos and much respect to the people who have developed an understanding of what "religion" really is. Preach to the world, my friends, for you have educated yourself in that particular field.
As for you who like to believe faith has everything to do with saying you love God, and reading the bible... Educate yourself.
I believe in morality, which is doing what is right - regardless of what I'n told. As opposed to religion, which is doing what I'm told regardless of what is right.
I need more than "the bible says so" to justify certain things in this world, and certainly to judge them.
Don't preach to me about your faith, and not know the first thing about it yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment